Friday, November 26, 2010

{My Thanksgiving}

{weheartit}

How was your thanksgiving?  I had an amazing one.  My mom woke me up at 7 to start cooking, and we cooked all day long, my feet and knees were actually sore from being on my feet all day!  But come dinner time it was all worth it!  I had such a good time, it was my family, The Boy's parents and Uncle, and then his sister{My sissy} and her new(ish) husband came over later.  It was the best way to spend thanksgiving, and there were quite a few laughs to go around!

I also took a few pictures of the cooking and decorating process,  but once it was crunch time I didn't have a chance to take pictures, and when dinner started I was too concentrated on food and family =D
ok so this isn't food or decoration, but I was quite proud of the grout and paint job me and The Boy did of the sink :)

The rolls, these were SO good, they look like croissants, but they're actually called butterhorns.

Our potatoes soaking 

canned goods

Homemade cranberry sauce by moi

These were very last minute center pieces, and place cards, like that morning last minute

Our table!  I think it looked great! 

For just me and my mom cooking around 10 sides, a turkey and a ham, everything went very smoothly, and as planned.  I'm definitely already looking forward to next year!

And this is how Black Friday went for me, some QT with my computer and one of my kitties!
{and she is SLEEPING on my computer}


little nose =]

*EDIT* I have no idea how the gray strips got on the bottom of some of the photos :/

xoxo, 
Jess

1 comment:

Hello!! I love reading comments, as they make my day! And I always try to get back to them!
♥
Jess