Monday, January 10, 2011

{New Year, New Goals}

Currently I'm sitting at my kitchen table drinking hot chocolate, I'm wishing that there is some coffee in there, but then I wouldn't get any sleep!  I had so many productive plans today, gym, cleaning, art journaling, more cleaning, but none of that happened, (perhaps a tad bit of cleaning) today was a complete and total lazy day!  But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing ;)  I'm also pretty excited that I start school again tomorrow, it's just a small six-week intersession, but it's a class that I think I'll enjoy(History of Photography) and of course I'm taking it with The Boy, so I know I'll enjoy being there with him =D  This week is going to be a good week, I start school, I don't work at In-n-out all week so I can paint my nails, and it will be my birthday! =]  I'm looking forward to be able to say goodbye to my teen years. ;)
But, like the title, this post is supposed to be about my new goals for this year.  I like the term goals more than I like the word resolutions, I'm not really sure why, but I've always associated resolutions with things that you don't want to do, and goals as something that you want to do.  It took me a while to make a list of goals that I wanted to accomplish, but I did it, it may be small but I also have my '20 before 21' list that I'll be posting wednesday. =]



{2011}
{goals}

1. Think happy, be happy.
I tend to stress myself out a lot. And I also tend to let the smallest things get me in a bad mood.  This goal is just so I have the little reminder to let it go.

2. Be more organized.
This for me means a cleaner room, cleaner desk, and being more organized with school stuff.

3. Drink more water.
'nuff said ;)

4. Go on more little adventures.
I seriously live in such a great location, I have LA,  beaches, mountains, museums, libraries, ect!  I need to take advantage of that, and by 'I', I mean we, as in The Boy and myself, as well as with my sissies =]

5. Document my life more.
This ties in with #4, I need to take more pictures, and blog more often, so I have something to look back upon. 

6. Take advantage of my gym pass.
I pay $30 a month for the gym, and although I've been better with going more often recently, but I need to keep up with it!

7. Art journal more often.
I love art journaling, it's free-form, fun, and stress relieving for me, and as 'crafts' go it's pretty instant gratification, and my pages are pretty to look at too!

8. Start a vintage camera collection.
I love everything camera's and photography, I also have two VERY, VERY good condition vintage SLR's(Cannon and Nikkormat) that were my grandpa's so my collection is off to a good start.

9. Spend some time away from my computer.
Sometimes I get so caught up online, blogs, twitter, facebook, weheartit, pinterest, there's a lot to see online and I need to learn to step away every once in a while.

10. Buy a vintage typewriter.
No special reason really, I just want to be able to type letters, and the fact that they're awesome!

11. Live everyday to it's fullest.
I need to live every day like it's my last, because you never know what God has in store for you.

So those are my goals!  Hope you had a great Monday!

xoxo,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!! I love reading comments, as they make my day! And I always try to get back to them!

Jess